It’s still busy busy round these parts. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
– I was over in Edinburgh on Saturday for Made in the Shade. It was a good day but far too tiring by myself. Thanks to everyone who came and bought stuff though, and to Auntie M for the most amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate cake. Nom.
– I managed to resist Laura Donald‘s Smash embroidery but did pick up a pretty pinwheel brooch. I’ve been admiring these from afar so it was great to see them all in real life and pick my favourite.
– Since it was the first proper craft fair I’ve done this year, it was interesting to see what was popular on my stall. The big hit was my book heart kits, which was a nice surprise since I’d just finished repackaging them the night before. Which reminds me, I need to make some more and take new photos.
– Since I got home, I’ve mostly been working on a new zine for the Zine Workshop. It’s a zine about zines! And about zinemaking, so there’s lots of tips, a bit of zine history and some stuff about all the zines I’ve made myself. I’ll be putting this in my shop after the workshop in case you can’t make it along.
– I’ve also been redesigning my cards for a new printer so I can order them in bulk. I’m waiting on the first batch and if they turn out good I’ll be doing the rest as well. Which probably means a card clearout soon so I can get rid of the old stock! The new ones have colour prints inside too which is pretty exciting. For me.
– Speaking of Bunny and Panda, there’s a cute contest going on over at Super Cute Kawaii just now if you fancy winning some kawaii jewellery and accessories from Scrummyland!
– And finally, the launch of my rainboots creeps ever nearer! I’ve now seen professional photos of the actual finished boots, plus some fantastic shots of a model wearing them. It’s all very exciting and I’ll share as soon as I can. The good news for my larger-footed friends is that the boots will be available in sizes from 3.5 – 9 (UK) – hurray!
Phew! I think that’s it for now.