What have I been up to this week?
A little corner of my room with my newly reframed Jay Ryan screenprint. It’s been up north with my mum for nearly a year so it’s great to have it back. I still have a few things I need to finish framing properly – I’m going to bump that to the top of my priority list now.
Parade’s End. I have started this about 20 times since I bought it but I got properly stuck in on holiday and now I am obsessed with it. Even though I’ve seen the TV adaptation and know what happens, I am agog, mostly because the language is so wonderful. Unless it gets disastrously terrible in the last bit, this will be going in my favourite books ever list.
these awesome Tumblrs:
– Texts From Zelda (hilarious if you’ve ever played Ocarina of Time)
– National Geographic (endlessly fascinating archive photos)
– Type Findings (awesome typography and signage)
– Pardalote (kindred spirit of embroidery and space – amazing stuff here)
– Rilakkuma GIFs (because SQUEE!)
The new tin candles from Muji. I’m not usually a scented candle kind of person but I have the Nashi Pear one, which has won me over. Now they have Persimmon and Pomelo and Watermelon and Candy Floss and more, and they’re only £3.50 each.
Sales, Offers and Reminders
– Free shipping worldwide at my Society6 shop today only, using that link only.
– 25% off cases, mugs and t-shirts at my Zazzle store until Sunday with code SHIRTCSMGTIE.
– Enter the Kawaii! book giveaway at Super Cute Kawaii.
– Survey giveaway winners will be picked next week! You can still add your thoughts here.