The weather has been so nice this week, and Helensburgh is full of events and tourists and bunting! I’ve had a lot of work to do though, doing a stock take, packaging stuff and working on my shop redesign. I may also have started a new tapestry project, though I must put that aside and finish my cushion.
Links I Loved
– Lucy Sparrow’s corner shop full of felt products was the most amazing thing I saw this week.
– Closely followed by All 30 Mario Kart 8 characters reviewed at the AV Club. So good.
– I also enjoyed reading about Things Found In Books via Laura. I don’t think I have any amazing finds myself, though I will have to have a look in my box sometime.
– Still only one of two Kickstarters I have funded, I’m really looking forward to seeing God Help The Girl, and Pitchfork have a nice making-of video (so many great Glasgow locations in the trailer!).
– This article at The New Yorker about deep cave exploration made me totally squirm but I couldn’t stop reading.
– This video will be the happiest 15 seconds of your day.
News, Offers and Reminders
– 12% off a different category every day at my DaWanda shop through Monday.
– Zazzle have a new coupons page, so check that before buying from my store!
– Free shipping on my Kawaii Japan book at Lulu until the 6th with the code LJSD14.
– Win a fabric design book + 3 yards of fabric at Spoonflower.
Want to write for Super Cute Kawaii?
If you haven’t heard, it’s the end of an era, as both Claire and Monsieur Le Bun are stepping down at SCK after 7 years of hard work (from Claire at least). I’m looking for a person or two to join the new SCK team so if you like writing about cute things, why not apply? It does pay actual money.