I keep forgetting to change my avatar, because I like the bunny one too much. May was a bit of a letdown – why so cold?
Fave 5 from the blog
- I hope you’re enjoying the My Art History posts as much as me. The boring drawings one is my favourite so far.
- My veggie patterns were looking especially fun at my on-demand sites
- Complaints and how to fix them
- I finally got around to reviewing some zines
- My favourite recipe for pickles
- Updated badge sets
- 5 A Day wrapping paper & gift wrap sets
- Carrot & Pear acrylic brooches
- Leggings at Society6
Links I Loved
- The Guardian has been well worth the subscription this month with interesting articles on pop zines and the quirks of Westminster, and a great interview with Jessica Hopper, whose book I am very much looking forward to.
- Loved looking at Laura’s 80s eraser collection
- Emma’s easy tea towel cushion covers are definitely going on my make list.
- Fascinating thread of regional versions of ‘carrying coals to Newcastle‘
- Carrie from WishWishWish posted her guide to Tokyo.
- Mei & Satsuki’s house from My Neighbour Totoro has been recreated in Japan!
- The offcuts from the Comedy Carpet in Blackpool are amazing, and on show in London.
- Helpful article on wholesale vs sale or return at Hannah Zakari.
Added to my Wish List: Summer Clothing
Still re-reading the Wheel of Time and I just finishedbook 11 now so not far to go.
Unread books update: 0 down, 2 added, 13 to go.
I fell behind on S2 when it aired but thought I better catch up before S3, except it turns out none of the channels bought it so I acquired that too and watched two seasons over a few weeks. It’s a shame this show isn’t more popular because I love it. Basically about Soviet agents posing as an American family in the cold war, it’s full of real world happenings and yet incredibly tense. There’s also an equal focus on the KGB and FBI characters with no-one being the good guys. And now I have to wait 8 months for S4.
What Did Lovefilm send me?
Edge of Tomorrow, which was really good in a Groundhog Day meets Tom Cruise sci-fi action film. I’m now watching the hell out of 24: Live Another Day, the recent revival of 24 but only covering 12 hours so they don’t have to make up so much ridiculous nonsense and forget what was going on 8 hours ago. This might be the greatest 24 ever – it’s not quite as dumb and hilarious as the originals, but still has Jack Bauer bellowing things and shooting people in the kneecaps for no reason and everyone being shifty in case they might make them THE MOLE. Also located in London with Stephen Fry as PM. I hope they make another 700 seasons like this.
[youtube_sc url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfYis6VuXY” width=”500″]
The new Perfume EP is great and this video has some hilariously bad acting. Seeing Perfume do one of their crazy laser show stadium concerts in Japan is top of my bucket list these days.
How was your month?