Another batch of favourites with a wish list of things I want plus some interesting links from around the web and current entertainment.
Wish List (Clothing Edition!)
- These rainbow trainers from Next were advertised to me on Instagram and I assumed they were for kids but incredibly they have adult sizes too! I am so tempted.
- This cute fox forest sweatshirt from Boden is on the way to me, thanks to a timely £10 voucher and a 25% off sale.
- These look like the perfect bunny slippers and maybe I’ll have to finally risk an order from HAPiNS with a forwarding service.
- Sadly not to be, due to overly expensive shipping, celestial Pusheen leggings.
Links I Loved
- Drawtober is really getting out of hand these days (didn’t it used to be about experimenting offline, not showing off fully finished art every day?) but Tortober (set by Neil Slorance) is a joy.
- Really hoping strawbabery opens a shop soon as their ghost illustrations are too cute!
- The incredible winners of the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, which challenges entrants to compose opening sentences to the worst of all possible novels.
- Why Is Everything More Expensive Right Now? is a great overview of the current global issues with manufacturing and container shipping that are giving all businesses massive headaches right now (please shop early this Christmas!)
- Talia Lavin has started a great Substack that is a mix of far right reportage, swords and sandwiches, and you should subscribe.
Like every other Animal Crossing fan, I screamed my way through the recent update video and cannot wait until November 5th to start playing properly again. So much amazing stuff! And a whole new game too! It also gives me a nice deadline for Breath of the Wild as I am currently switching between Trial of the Sword and running around doing ever-more-pointless (but fun!) nonsense. Trial of the Sword is HARD – I died on the last floor of the Middle Trials and it’s tough finding the motivation to do all 16 floors again (no saves and you can only use the weapons and food you find along the way). If I can’t complete it all in time I will probably quit until I feel like starting a whole new playthrough sometime next year.