I have yet to do anything momentous in 2013 but I did check into my Animal Crossing town for probably the last time (since the new one is out soon, yay!) to watch the pixellated fireworks in my pompom hat and constellation t-shirt (wait, that’s what I was wearing in real life today too!).
Usually I would post a bunch of business goals but I always end up doing something completely different that I never imagined. The best thing about being a small business and your own boss is that you can act quickly and take advantage of new situations, so I’m going to wait and see what happens.
I do have some general resolutions though:
1. Travel more! 2012 was fairly dismal weather-wise, after about May so I only really went to visit family. Hopefully the weather will be better this year and I can tick off a few UK trips from my wishlist.
2. Save for Japan! I can’t got another year without any Japan travel plans. While I may not manage a trip there in 2013 I want to at least have some firm plans and money saved up by the end of the year.
3. Sort through my inspiration folder. I’m good at collecting images and links that give me ideas for future projects and designs. I need to have a good look through everything and pick out some stuff to work on.
4. Similarly, start sharing things on my Tumblr again. I’ve been slightly panicked by a pile of new followers and stopped posting anything at all. I’ve already started scheduling in some posts so come follow me for random links, images, wants and more that catch my eye (and aren’t worth a blog post here).
5. Do things more regularly. I hate that I bounce from site to site adding 20 things to one and ignoring all the others. I need to get a better balance of updating a few designs to Zazzle, Society6, Spoonflower etc. on a more regular basis.
I think that’ll do for now. I wish you all Happiness for 2013, from me and my Happiness Cup.