I’m moving my Friday catch ups to a weekend wrap up instead so I have more time to write them and can include some of my favourite links from the week too. It’s been a week of mostly lovely weather here in Helensburgh, so I’ve been trying to get out every day and explore a bit, plus my Zoku ice pop maker is getting a lot of use!
Things I’ve enjoyed this week
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
I randomly watched the first one again on Netflix and I’d forgotten quite how much I loved it, so I bumped the sequel up my Lovefilm list. It basically follows on immediately from the previous film (plot resume: town destroyed by giant food raining from the skies, but day saved by stopping the machine invented by the main character that caused it). This film introduces an Apple/Google-ish megacorp who want to help clear up the town (amongst other things!) and our heroes return to the island to discover the machine has been creating food/animal hybrids – foodimals! They have a lot of fun with this – my favourites were fruit cockatiel, shrimpanzee, flamango and watermelophant, plus the adorable strawberries and marshmallows that are just food with faces. It’s all really fun and colourful and cute and you should see it!
Links I Loved
– How beautiful are these new Puffin Chalks books with hand-drawn blackboard cover art – there’s time-lapse videos of how they were made too. (Caustic Cover Critic)
– Great article about Link’s Awakening, my favourite Zelda game (AV Club)
– The Brighton Etsy Team spent a day crafting in a shop window – cool idea! (Woah There Pickle)
– Double chocolate banana cake? Yes please (Smitten Kitchen)
– In space is amazing news, Saturn might have a new moon! (Bad Astronomy)
Offers and Reminders
– It’s Day in the Life tomorrow (Easter Sunday!) so why not join in and blog about your day? All the details are on Dropstitch.
– There’s 25% off almost everything at DENY Designs this weekend with the code HOPTO25.
– There’s free shipping worldwide at Society6 all week – no code required.
– You can also have 10% off everything in my main shop with the code EASTERBUNNY – ends midnight Monday.