This morning I shared the final post for my 100 Days of Kawaii Characters project! It took me almost 4 weeks longer than it should have but I’m still very proud of myself for seeing it through. Big thanks to everyone who’s liked and/or commented on my posts – it really kept me going! Let’s have a look back at the last 12 characters.
- Happy Mail – Possibly my favourite pattern from the whole project (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Candy Floss Animals – Based on these incredible treats from a shop in Harajuku. (Illustrator)
- Nintendo 3DS – My poor water-damaged friend! He was doing okay-ish for a while there but now the touch screen seems dead. Sad times. (Illustrator)
- Trapped Lava Lamp Ghost – A great suggestion. Choosing colours for this was fun. (Sketch/iPad)
- Eggs For Breakfast – This was a popular pattern and I love it too. (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Ghost Ship in a Bottle – I spent far too much time on this and the ship is still a bit wonky but I love the idea. (Sketch/iPad)
- Avocado – I don’t really like avocados but they are cute. (Illustrator)
- Teabag – I have plans for a tea pattern but I’ll need more characters. (Illustrator)
- Cute Cats & Kawaii Kittens – I’m really happy with this one too and have plans to do more cat colours and patterns. (Illustrator)
- Ghost Pickles – This is so silly but once I thought of it, I had to do it. I will definitely be drawing more trapped ghosts. (Sketch/iPad)
- 99 – Well, what else would I draw? A 99 is a vanilla ice cream cone with a chocolate Flake stuck in it. (Sketch/iPad)
- Celebration Cake – I drew this at the same time as the ship in a bottle but realised it would make a great 100. Where is my real cake? (Sketch/iPad)
It feels so weird to be done with this! Back in April, I was almost certain I would complete it eventually, but it’s still a long time to be constantly creating new things. I’ll have a couple of posts soon about what I learned and what’s happening next, plus I’ll round up my favourites (and least favourites!).
In the meantime, I would really appreciate it if you would take this short survey and help me decide which characters should appear on new products – and how many surprise boxes I should make.