A new batch of favourites with a wish list of things I want plus some interesting links from around the web and current entertainment.
- Totally smitten with Eggo Boi by at Angelazy Doodles!
- I love the whole Corocorocoronya bunnies collection but will settle for a memo pad.
- I can never resist cute mail-themed washi tape and this is by Helen Bucher.
- Thinking about sashiko again and Japan Crafts has some lovely kits
Links I Loved
- My seasonal fruit & veg magnets were featured on This Morning ? In a segment about “fridgescaping” ? Only they didn’t end up on the TV after all, just the web article ? (jokes aside, this was awesome – I sold quite a few that day!)
- This Reddit thread of what’s your passport nickname in Animal Crossing made me laugh a lot (in the game you choose 2 words from a long list you unlock over time). Mine is currently Creative Ghost but I might have to steal Future Ghost.
- How a Book Is Made at NYT is so cool and took me right back to my litho printing classes.
- The Verge has a whole series on How creators and businesses are overcoming imitators to thrive online. I haven’t read them all yet but it’s super good so far.
- It’s great to see long-lost bloggers starting newsletters so I can enjoy their writing again. My latest subscribe is Molly Wizenberg of Orangette.
- “After five years of resisting ads entirely, it had only just started experimenting with them—with terrible results” – another great article about the weird history – and future – of Tumblr.
- It was good to see a properly cute mascot at the Olympics this year and here’s Winter Olympic mascots – in pictures. Meomi’s mascots for Vancouver 2010 are still the most kawaii ever.
- 2 good Switch games recs threads – for games without too much battling and games that aren’t capitalist hellscapes.
- A couple of links above are via the always-great The Morning News – go subscribe!
To no-one’s surprise, I am still mostly just playing a lot of Breath of the Wild in Master Mode. I seem to recall that there are other games that exist, but not to me. (though I will probably “finish” this soon and buy myself A NEW GAME for my birthday).
Okay, I am also having a lot of fun redesigning my villagers’ homes in Animal Crossing. I didn’t expect it to make such a difference but some of their default homes were so awful and it made me dislike characters that I had been thrilled to have move in. I’m quite happy with what I’ve done so far and it’s fun to work in themes and hobbies that they talk about a lot. You can see more – and bigger – images on my AC Twitter, and I should get around to the last 2 soon (Punchy & Megan).