A new batch of favourites with a wish list of things I want plus some interesting links from around the web and current entertainment.
- Rilakkuma as retro sweets plush is really too cute.
- As is a bunny in a hot dog by Anirollz!
- I love everything by The Recorder Factory and need a space keychain.
- This Pusheen bowl/mug looks very useful for lunchtime.
Links I Loved
- I eventually gave in to tumblr’s mini obsession with Dracula Daily and I’m glad I did. Basically you get the whole book of Dracula sent to you in real time chronological chunks, and it’s only on the first week so not too late to join in.
- The 9 Biggest Myths About Nonfiction Trade Publishing, Debunked. Yep. Or as I remember it, how to have all your romantic publishing dreams dashed.
- I finished my felt dahlia bouquet (will share more soon) and was pleased to see The Handmade Florist has a free Makealong that I can do next.
- This expose on how music venues massively rip off bands’ merch sales is really important (but also needs a tl;dr).
- I’ve been thinking about getting a simple book in German to read, since my Duolingo lessons are going well, and then Rainbow Rowell shares the German edition of the Fangirl manga!
- Also very excited to read wee Stuart Mogwai’s memoir later this year.
- A reminder that I’m on tumblr and sharing lots of fun stuff – mostly art, books, Zelda etc.
- My most kawaii links are now being saved for the new weekly SCK newsletter on Substack.
I have actually been playing some new games! Or old games really. I replayed the Link’s Awakening remake in record time and even finally managed to win BowWow in the Trendy Game. I also got the Nintendo Expansion pack for my birthday and had a hilarious time playing old N64 games with Nicolette. Discovering Mario Golf had been added was such a rush of nostalgia and Mario Kart is still the best fun, even if all the characters cheat. And then yes I started playing Breath of the Wild again – it’s just the best game for relaxing now that there’s nothing much new happening in Animal Crossing any more.