A new batch of favourites with a wish list of things I want plus some interesting links from around the web and current entertainment.
- Too many adorable and perfect details in the Sumikko Gurashi train station Re-Ment
- Love this retro-style Rainbowholic x Mie Design collaboration (Patreon shop only)
- As a tumblr defender, I need a Blorbo From My Shows pin by Shana Logic
- I want everything in the Pusheen Sips collection but especially the plushies
Links I Loved
- This hilarious and enraging post by rainylune about attending a Meta conference will make you understand why all your favourite creators hate Instagram. I feel like this was the tipping point for me in refusing to no longer spend any significant time on it.
- Instead I’ve been putting all my social media time into working on my website and Etsy instead, which is starting to pay off. I found Studio Cotton‘s advice really helpful, positive and down to earth.
- Not all Reels are bad though – Twinkie Chan’s crochet frog making a tiny quilt is the cutest thing you’ll see today.
- Rainbowholic’s What Harajuku Looks Like In 2022 video is a real shocker if you’ve spent a lot of time there in the past. So many changes.
- Great piece by Patrick St. Michel on record stores in Japan.
- Why I make a lot of lists by Rosecrans Baldwin
- Farewell to the Rilakkuma Store plush managers. I am never getting over this but at least they shared a lot of fun stuff at the end.
- There’s a trailer for the new Rilakkuma Netflix show and I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!
- For Mew is making cat toys with my Spoonflower cats fabric and it’s so perfect.
- A reminder that I’m on tumblr and sharing lots of fun stuff – mostly art, books, Zelda etc.
- My most kawaii links are now being saved for the new weekly SCK newsletter on Substack.
- You can see what other newsletters I’m enjoying on my Substack page.
I banned myself from playing Breath of the Wild while I was on holiday last month and was extremely happy to discover a barely-started Picross S3 I bought 2 years ago. I immediately got re-obsessed and it still took me a month to complete everything – they’ve always been amazing value. I especially love the new colour puzzles, which are even better/trickier than Mega Picross. They’ve smashed out another 4 games and a retro Sega edition since then so I can puzzle away for quite a while yet. Of course, I immediately started playing BOTW again too and have nearly finished my compendium-based run. Already have plans for a fourth run though…