February is finally over and has been nothing but trouble but here’s some things I’ve been enjoying lately including a shopping wish list, interesting links I’ve saved and what I’m currently watching/playing.
- Do I really need a little whale shark desk friend to look after the paper clips I never use? OBVIOUSLY YES.
- Very much eyeing up the bargello kits at Oh Sew Bootiful even though I feel like I would finish this in about 2 days.
- I want all the bunny stickers at Cherry Rabbit but how can you resist a bunny in a Cup Noodle?
- I still desperately need a plush of new San-X character Kumausa’s friend Tomopu and this new one is adorable.
Links I Loved
- I was already dying over the Sumikko Gurashi onigiri-drawn sandwich chariot and now they’ve made an edible version for a new pop-up cafe!
- The sweetest thing ever – Pusheen designer Claire rehomes a lost Pusheen plush.
- The ‘Enshittification’ of TikTok Or how, exactly, platforms die by Cory Doctorow is a depressing read and we really need to stop playing along with this.
- Really cool article by Roxane Gay and her wife about traveling to Antarctica to see the eclipse.
- Caustic Cover Critic shares his 2022 year in reading, which is as interesting as ever.
- I love seeing the progress on this extremely ambitious BOTW cross stitch by nyx.
- Hourly Comics day but the year is 1258 by artofhitjim
- Substack has annoyingly stopped displaying my liked posts on my profile page and there’s no other way to find them so who knows what I enjoyed. Thanks for nothing! I did remember to save a few instead so here’s How to Paint Like Hayao Miyazaki from Animation Obsessive and The Myth of Everyone Says So from Agents and Books.
- Playing: Picross, finishing my BOTW challenge, doing dumb digital jigsaws while super stressed.
- Reading: just finished a re-read of A Place of Greater Safety and obsessed all over again.
- Watching: Star Wars Rebels, Aggretsuko, uhh…like 3 bike races a day (I got GCN+ no regrets).
- Making: finished my Butterflies & Bees embroidery, started a new cross stitch.