Here’s some things I’ve been enjoying lately including a shopping wish list, interesting links I’ve saved and what I’m currently watching/playing.
- I’m not sure I can live without this Pokantotan envelope plush pouch (San-X)
- I’d definitely be happy drinking tea from an Osaka Fancy Souvenir Mug! (Rebekka)
- I love every single ceramic figurine at ceramicorn – bunnies, ghosts, pumpkins!
- There are so many incredible new Sumikko Gurashi items but I adore Strawberry Baguette!
Links I Loved
- I was so happy to see that Wolf Link is doing his 100% Minimalist Challenge again for Tears of the Kingdom. It’s extremely entertaining as he’s not allowed to do or pick up anything that isn’t mandatory to get 100% on the map and nothing else. Jump in!
- It’s Christmas cake season in Japan and you should definitely follow Makiko Itoh if you don’t already – you get extra ones on Patreon.
- Walking TOKIO TŌKYŌ TOKYO is a newsletter about walking from Disneyland to Mt. Kumotori and I’m enjoying it a lot.
- Son, You Will Not Binge-Watch LOST—You’ll Watch One Episode a Week and Be Frustrated Like Mom and I Did made me laugh. Those were good times.
- I joined Bluesky and like it a lot so will probably start posting there more since Twitter is so terrible now. I have invites if you need one and are a nice person – email or DM me somewhere.
- A reminder that I share all my kawaii & Japan links on the Super Cute Kawaii Substack. It’s free!
- Playing: On my second run of Tears of the Kingdom and this game is SO BIG. There’s just so many things to do that I’m still just running around doing stuff randomly. Probably should have set a proper challenge.
- Reading: In a bit of a reading slump so I’m re-reading Lord of the Rings.
- Watching: Portrait Artist of the Year, Interview with the Vampire, Futurama, Cyclocross, all those cheesy Christmas movies on Channel 5 while doing other stuff.
- Making: Still nothing! I need to dig in my project box, or start some Christmas things.