Goodbye March! You were quite fun, but I’m very ready for April.
Fave 5 3 from the blog in March
- Afternoon Tea & Cookie Cute Coin Purses
- Glow in the Dark Ghost Brooches
- New Fabric Designs at Spoonflower
- 10 Unique Things to do in Tokyo freebie
Links I Loved
- So sad I’m missing out on visiting the Miffy Cafe in Tokyo, by just a few days!
- Also super jealous of the huggable Pom Pom Purin advertising in Shinjuku station.
- With all the Instagram trauma going on, take a moment to enjoy this super-pretty new promo account for Perfume’s new album (best viewed in the app)
- Also beautiful – abandoned Soviet interiors. The wallpapers!
- Notes from ramen school in Osaka is a good read.
- My 5 year diary inspired Emma to get up to lots of Leap Day fun!
My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins
Look how pretty this book is! Gold foil, neon pink edges, lovely illustrations. It’s a collection of short romantic stories set around Christmas (so just the thing for Springtime…), all by YA authors. I got it to complete my Rainbow Rowell shelf but I liked most of the other stories too. [Buy on Amazon]
Kawaii! Japan’s Culture of Cute by Manami Okazaki
I was sent this to review back in 2013 and only read my favourite bits and browsed enough to write about it (read my review at SCK). I finally read through the rest and really recommend it if you’re interested in Japanese illustration, design, fashion etc. There are some big names in kawaii interviewed and lots of history about how the fancy goods industry started and grew into all the crazy character goods we covet. [Buy on Amazon]
I also caught up on a ton of magazines and my coffee table looks so much tidier.
On The List App
Why are you not on this yet?
- BOOK TOUR…OF MY HOUSE ?
- ETSY’S “OUR PICKS FOR YOU” & HOW LIKELY I AM TO BUY THEM
- TIPS FOR GETTING FEATURED ON BLOGS
- ADVENTURES IN PAPER CUTTING
- COMPANIES THAT WISHED ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY ?
How was your month?