Goodbye September! Here’s a look back at my favourite stuff. These posts are now shorter as I am posting weekly updates for my Trouble Club on Patreon instead.
My 4 favourite photos
This feature is turning into ‘4 photos I really like that I never posted on my main Instagram feed’. I guess, make sure you’re following @marcelinesmith, @averyquietstreet and @sckawaii on Instagram + checking the stories! (L-R, top-bottom)
- Packing happy mail for my Trouble Club
- A huge toadstool that popped up in my garden
- New Snowman Pusheen eyeing up my snacks
- Painting something secret for the Iona Craft Shop postcard art sale (coming soon)
1 Second Every Day
I’ve started this again so have a look back at my month. This is not going to encourage anyone to visit Scotland in September.
Fave 5 from the blog
- I Wrote A Book! The Super Cute Book of Kawaii
- What I Learned From The 100 Day Project
- Japan Trip Check List
- 11 Years of Blogging: September
- New Zines Preview
Other things I wrote
- Books I Read in September
- Finalists in my local paper’s Pet Idol contest, ranked
- All my posts at Super Cute Kawaii
5 Links I loved
- This look back at how Tilly & The Buttons evolved the design of their sewing pattern envelopes over the years is full of great advice: “Getting things done – especially something that feels so momentous and scary like launching your first for-sale product – involves knowing when a task is finished, and as good as it needs to be.”
- If you liked the look of the Totoro cream puffs in my cafe drawings, they’re from Shiro-hige’s Cream Puff Factory, who also have this adorable new Ponyo pudding.
- Loved this video about a mascot actor training school in Japan
- If you’re not feeling great about the end of summer, you need to have a browse of all the #fallthisinyourstyle drawings on Instagram.
- I am very into these space-themed quilts (via Laura’s newsletter, which is well worth subscribing to)
If you want more links to read, I shared over 20 on Patreon during September. I’ve opened up the August posts for followers so you can catch up (except one that has a photo I’m still keeping secret!). It doesn’t cost anything to follow me but if you enjoy it, please consider joining to get the weekly updates every Sunday. It’s only $1 a month with lots more cool stuff included.