Goodbye August. You were kind of cold and stressful.
Fave 5 from the blog
- How To: Make a Paper Cut Ice Cream Garland
- Making Sunae Sand Art With Naoshi
- Oban Holiday & Isle of Kerrera
- A Day Out at Kew Gardens
New stuff in my shops
- Bumblebee & Ladybird Polymer Stamps
- Volcano Cards
- Mini Pillows Cut & Sew Fabric at Spoonflower
- Mini Pillows Sample Sale
- Volcano at Society6, Redbubble & Zazzle
- Books I Read In 2017 📚 – 3 more this month!
- TV shows I’ve been watching lately, ranked
- My most-used emoji, translated
- My favourite art supplies 🎨
- Top Ten Sumikko Gurashi Characters, Ranked
- Things I am comfortable saying I know a lot about
- MY FAVORITE MUSIC ARTISTS OF ALL TIME (request)
Links I Loved
- Design*Sponge has been killing it with great personal content this month: State of the Blog Union 2017, What I Wish I’d Known Before Starting Design*Sponge and How I Finally Found My Personal Style At Age 36
- The KLF are (kind of) back and I’m loving the reports from their recent book launch/art event/insanity holiday – The Quietus has day by day recaps. Also a great new Steve Albini interview.
- Tor has a lovely comparison of two of my favourite Ghibli films, Kiki’s Delivery Service and Whisper of the Heart
- If you’re not following illustrator Tyler Feder on Instagram, go do it and watch your heart fill up.
- My work colleague/friend Maureen has just started a travel blog and it’s really good read, plus she’s off to Japan & South Korea next.
- Just some cool photos and videos of the solar eclipse at Bad Astronomy
On my wish list
- Angel Bunny adult-sized slippers!
- Mamegoma Yurumame Life charm
- Pony People Honey Bun enamel pin
- Hannah Doodle Moon pillow
My 4 favourite photos
from my Instagram (L-R, top-bottom)
- A newly-stuffed Little Ghost mini pillow
- Seagull party at the seafront
- Naoshi window at Hannah Zakari
- A new batch of laser cut Ghosts