Here’s a look back at my favourite stuff from this month.
My January in video
I’m going to try and do this all year.
My 4 favourite photos
- New Year Happy Mail for my patrons
- Rilakkuma and his adorable wardrobe
- Windy day at the seafront
- The last cat marshmallows before I finally threw them out (2.5 years past the use by date!)
Fave 5 from the blog
- Useful Things I Bought in Japan
- 2019 Plans & Goals
- How I’m Staying Organised in 2019
- Recent Purchases & Japan Shopping
- Christmas Holiday Walks
Other things I wrote
- Books I Read in January
- Designing my Spring Flowers Repeat Patterns ($1 patrons)
- Marceline’s Kawaii Japan Buys
- Kawaii Books To Pre-order Now
- Kawaii Kitchen Accessories
- More of my posts at Super Cute Kawaii
5 Links I loved
- Sad to see Design*Sponge announcing their final year but it’s a great idea to let everyone enjoy the winding down, rather than just stopping.
- I’m completely fascinated by these product mockups in Paper Glitter’s portfolio. It’s so fun to see these big play sets made out of foam board.
- I enjoyed this look behind the scenes at how illustrator/author Helen Stephens created her recent book, How To Hide A Lion At Christmas.
- The year in band names is always good for a few laughs.
- Japanese manhole covers washi tape! So niche. (via @stamp_sui26, a great Instagram account that shares Japanese souvenir stamps)
If you want more of this kind of stuff to read, please consider joining my Patreon. I share many more links every weekend and will be writing a free zine of my favourite things a few times a year. It’s only $1 a month to join with lots more cool stuff included too