Here’s a look back at all my craft projects from 2023 and what I’m planning to make in 2024.
I had an extremely crafty year and finished more projects than I could ever have predicted. That isn’t even all of them above! I tried some new things too, with varying levels of success.
May favourite project of the year has to be my Zelda tapestry, since I had abandoned it years ago. It turned out so well and I really must get it up on the wall.
I’m also really proud of this Butterflies & Bees embroidery kit as I learned so much and really improved my skills, plus it looks beautiful.
I did a lot of cross stitch too and especially enjoyed making this biscornu pincushion for my mum. I’d love to design my own one but I’m not going to rush it until I have a good idea.
I kind of ran out of steam by October and didn’t feel inspired to start something new but then randomly decided to complete a DIY crafts advent calendar from Flying Tiger, which definitely made December fun. A lot of the projects were very easy and silly, and a few were extremely frustrating or impossible but I mostly enjoyed myself. I had forgotten how versatile pipe cleaners are and will be buying a pack for myself soon. I also put some of these in the family Christmas crackers for a laugh. Nicolette got the goofy reindeer in the middle as she loved it so much. I couldn’t stop laughing for days when I made it.
You can read about the rest in my Crafts section.
2024 Craft Plans
I got 2 craft kits and the Pokemon Cross Stitch book for Christmas so I already know what I’ll be making next! The garland is a little intimidating but it’s my third kit from The Handmade Florist so I’m sure it will be fine. I’m excited to do more sashiko too as it’s been years.
I did really well with my 2023 goals and the only big fail was making something in origami every month as I only made 2 or 3 things in the end. Here’s my plans for 2024:
- Finish my 2 Christmas gift kits.
- Stitch something from Pokemon Cross Stitch.
- Finish the space embroidery kit I was gifted a couple of years ago.
- Stitch something on the linen I bought ages ago.
- Get my Zelda tapestry framed.
- Design more mini pixel patterns and stitch them up (a redo from 2023).
- Go through my craft box/pattern folder and make a list of every project.
- Start selling on The Makers Web and destash some craft supplies.
- Make some silly things with stuff like pompoms, pipe cleaners & googly eyes.