Goodbye October. You were very busy and spooky cute!
Fave 5 from the blog
- What Was Inside My 10 Year Anniversary Surprise Box
- Halloween Mantelpiece Display
- Recent Purchases: September – October
- 2018 Tea Towel Calendars + 5 Year Diary
- How To: Make Paper Cut Halloween Ghost Cards & Decorations
Lists I Wrote
- Books I Read In October – 8 books, 1 comic and 33 volumes of Space Brothers!
- Things I’ve been into this month
- Japanese birthstone Kit Kats, ranked
- All the drinks currently in my fridge, ranked
Links I Loved
- We had a cutest gif contest on SCK Twitter and it was amazing.
- Lots of great stuff at Creative Review recently: book cover designers discuss their rejected work, is finding the perfect pen holding you back, and fascinating North Korean design.
- David Lebovitz takes us on a tour of the Paris food markets and don’t you just want to go now?
- Movies that wouldn’t exist if male protagonists hadn’t ‘put themselves in that situation’ = genius
- I have a soft spot for The Silmarillion and this new series at Tor is highly enjoyable.
- Would you rather? the book edition is fun. I hope none of these happen to me.
- The AV Club tries to get into anime and it’s quite entertaining.
- I love an anniversary post and 12 years of Oh Joy! is a good one.
- The New York Times have ranked all the Ghibli movies and I strongly disagree.
My 4 favourite photos
from my Instagram (L-R, top-bottom)
- Just a small part of my gigantic zine collection, before I moved it.
- Haunted Halloween cake!
- My Halloween fireplace at night – so cosy
- Clear skies mean pretty pictures but freezing temperatures